Surge Global is a digital consultancy that leverages marketing, data, and technology to help businesses grow. As Sri Lanka’s leading digital firm, we employ the best content, creative, design & engineering talent the country has to offer.
Embracing a culture of transparency and equality in the workplace, we’ve built an environment helping Sri Lanka’s best marketing and creative talent thrive. Our team looks at untangling multivariate problems with an open mind and the willingness to constantly test and learn.
With our headquarters in Colombo Sri Lanka, we help scale startups to Fortune 500 companies across the United States, United Kingdom, Australia, and Sri Lanka.
- Full cycle end-to-end development from design through implementation.
- Maintain code integrity, documentation, version control, and organization.
- Innovate and apply critical thinking and problem-solving skills to develop creative technological solutions.
- Translate understanding of requirements to design, development, and unit testing to address solutions.
- Collaborate with designers to create intuitive and responsive user interfaces and workflows.
- Design clean, robust, reactive, and efficient API interfaces.
- Collaborate with the team on release management, version control, and documentation.
- Support in hiring and training new Full-Stack Developers.
- Bachelor’s degree in computer programming, computer science, or a related field.
- 4+ years of experience as a Full-Stack Developer or a similar position.
- Experience using TypeScript is an advantage.
- Design REST APIs from the ground up using Node.js Express Python and MongoDB.
- Expertise with HTML5, CSS3, AJAX, and front-end component libraries such as Bootstrap, Material-UI, etc.
- Experience in the deployment of Node.js apps, Nginx, setting up of SSH, firewall, and server updates.
- Experience with CI/CD pipelines and deployments in AWS or GCP.
- Knowledge of common web application security to defend web applications.
- Experience in Docker is an added advantage.