About the company and role:
PressOne Africa is an early-stage startup helping entrepreneurs retain their customers, through a centralised voice communication platform. We are on a mission to help entrepreneurs across Africa build more customer-centric businesses.
With our business phone systems, entrepreneurs, no matter the size of their business, can handle customer communication like global brands. You may learn more about PressOne Africa here - https://www.pressone.africa
You will be joining our team as Technical Product Manager. You will work closely with with the product, operations and engineering team, setting timelines for the development of our mobile, web application and integrations with third-party web apps, mostly CRMs and ticketing solutions. To be successful, you must be obsessed with our customers, have a strong technical background and project management experience.
The ideal candidate is someone who is very mission-focused. You are motivated by building things that get shipped and have immediate impact in people's lives, particularly our entrepreneurs. You will work with a team of really smart people, and report to the CTO.
Who You Are:
- You have at least 7 years work experience
- You have at least 4 years experience as a Software Engineer (Frontend or Backend).
- You have built a product in the past, and were responsible for taking the product from idea to a few customers.
- You are naturally organised and structured.
- You have a knack for identifying the root cause of any problem.
- You prefer to communicate in writing, than verbally. You document everything.
- You care about customer experience, above everything else.
- You are excited about helping entrepreneurs build successful businesses.
What We Expect:
- Develop and maintain a deep understanding of our customers, their needs, challenges, and the competitive landscape
- Oversee the entire product development process, from ideation to launch, ensuring that products features are delivered on time.
- Support sales by delivering exceptional demos to customers, giving them insight into the product, features and how it meets their needs.
- Call customers and have regular interactions with them to understand their pain points and expectations.
- Collect and analyze feedback from customers, stakeholders and other teams to shape requirements, features and end products.
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams to define product requirements, set timelines, and ensure successful delivery of new features, add-ons, and updates.
- Work closely with engineers to ensure we make correct technology decisions, and build products that are stable and simple.
- Regularly review product engagement analytics, and make recommendations for redesigns based on data..
- Serve as a product evangelist and subject matter expert to the technical/developer community.
What you get:
- You get to work on something meaningful, something that actually gets shipped.
- You get to work with people who are great at what they do.
- Hybrid working model. Two days a week, at the office (Admiralty way, Lekki).
- We offer health insurance, gym membership, dental and those standard stuff.
- Competitive pay. You also get stock options.
Who we are, and What working with us is like.
- We have a launched product with customers.
- We have raised a pre-seed round from reputable investors in the ecosystem.
- Everyone on the team is extremely mission-driven and works incredibly hard to push the mission forward.
- This is not the kind of job where you show up and we tell you exactly what to do every day. You are expected to take full ownership of certain goals, and meet them.
- Our office is on Admiralty way, Lekki Phase 1. We run an hybrid working system, with most of us at the office twice a week.
- We have been in operation for a year. We have gotten enough data to validate the opportunity, and are entering a growth phase. This is a great time to join us.
If this sounds like your next adventure, please submit your application.
Applications will be reviewed and shortlisted weekly. We will close the job opening once we find the right person. We look forward to meeting you.