About the company and role:
PressOne Africa is an early-stage startup helping entrepreneurs retain their customers, through a centralised voice communication platform. We are on a mission to help entrepreneurs across Africa build more customer-centric businesses.
With our business phone systems, entrepreneurs, no matter the size of their business, can handle customer communication like global brands. You may learn more about PressOne Africa here - https://www.pressone.africa
The ideal candidate is someone who is very mission-focused. You are motivated by building things that get shipped and have immediate impact in people's lives, particularly our entrepreneurs. You will work with a team of really smart engineers, and report to a CTO that has multinational experience.
Compensation: Competitive wages, plus employee stock options.
Who you are:
- 5+ years experience with voice communication protocols such as VOIP, SIP, RTP WebRTC, etc.
- 4+ years experience working with OpenSIPS.
- 4+ years experience working with FreeSwitch.
- Knowledge of integrating multiple solutions with OpenSIPS.
- 2+ years experience in a client-facing technical role.
- Experience in networking administration and troubleshooting.
- Experience in Linux and Ubuntu system administration.
- Experience with code versioning systems such as git.
- Experience with Kamailio is a plus
- Experience with one of PHP programming language is a big plus.
What we expect from you:
- Write scripts on OpenSIPS to implement new features or modify existing ones.
- Take responsibility for maintaining optimal OpenSIPS, and Asterisk configuration.
- Support and maintain a 24/7 enterprise contact centre voice, and message platform.
- Comfortable troubleshooting issues through root cause analysis.
- Monitor call and network quality, and ensure we identify issues before they are reported.
- Do research on cutting-edge platforms that improve our ability to scale and provide better quality, and present a business case for adoption.
- Serve as in-house Telecom expert when we discuss with infrastructure providers and Telecom partners.
- Document and deliver technical analysis presentations to relevant stakeholders.
What you get:
- You get to work on something meaningful, something that actually gets shipped.
- You get to work with people who are great at what they do and treat you as an equal.
- Hybrid working model. Two days a week, at the office (Admiralty way, Lekki).
- We offer health insurance, gym membership, dental and those standard stuff.
- A new computer. Whichever you want.
- Competitive pay. You also get stock options.
Who we are, and What working with us is like:
- We have a launched product with customers.
- We have raised a pre-seed round from reputable investors in the ecosystem.
- We are still a fairly young company with less than 10 people. So a lot has been accomplished by a small team.
- Everyone on the team is extremely mission-driven and works incredibly hard to push the mission forward.
- This is not the kind of job where you show up and we tell you exactly what to do every day. You are expected to take full ownership of certain goals, and meet them.
- Our office is on Admiralty way, Lekki Phase 1. We run an hybrid working system, with most of us at the office twice a week.
- We have been in operation for a year. We have gotten enough data to validate the opportunity, and are entering a growth phase. It is certainly the best time to join.
Applications will be reviewed and shortlisted. We will close the job opening once we find the right person. We look forward to meeting you.