About the company and role:
PressOne Africa is an early stage startup helping entrepreneurs improve their customer support and sales. We are on a mission to help entrepreneurs across Africa build successful business faster. With our business phone numbers, every day entrepreneurs can handle customer communication like a global business.
You can learn more about PressOne Africa here - https://www.pressone.africa
As a Senior Mobile Engineer, it's up to you to define, design and refine the tech that provides our entrepreneurs with a shared phone number for teams, and a professional welcome greeting service. You will work with the product team to build highly functional apps with beautiful user experiences.
The ideal candidate is someone who is very collaborative. You want to be involved in the design process, working closely with UX designers and the product manager to ensure that PressOne Africa meets the need of our customers, and provide a positive experience.
Compensation: Competitive wages plus, stock options.
Who you are:
- You have more than 6 years experience building real world applications.
- You build apps with Google Flutter, but you can also build with Java or Kotlin.
- You don't shy aware from documenting your thoughts around feature implementation.
- You are not one of those people that like to rewrite from the scratch. You improve instead.
- You have gotten to the point in your career where you spend a lot of time thinking of what to name a class or variable.
- You understand exactly how your code works and how that could impact the customer experience. This is critical to success as a senior developer working on a mobile app.
- You have dabbled in a few programming languages over your career.
- You are all about the team. You want the team to deliver, always.
- You are proficient in a broad range of data structures and algorithms, knowing when it is (and isn't) appropriate to use them.
- You are comfortable with goals that are ambiguous and can help drive them towards clarity.
- You care about customer experience above everything else.
- You are adaptable, enterprising, and eager to take ownership.
What we expect from you
- Improve and maintain our mobile app built with Google Flutter.
- Develop native package for Android in Java or Kotlin.
- Work on an agile engineering team writing maintainable and scalable code for app components and influencing team decisions.
- Collaborate with internal and external stakeholders, to imagine, design, develop, test, and launch software that impacts our customers and inspires your peers.
- Independently clarify technical requirements, assess development estimates and apply a broad range of design approaches.
- Acquire a solid understanding of voice communications over internet protocols.
- Develop a deeper comprehension of Call Experience concepts and the Call Experience codebase so you can work on more complex initiatives.
- Review code of other team members and provide constructive direction.
- Drive continuous improvement of software quality, customer experience, and maintainability of products/features.
- Mentor and lead developers by cultivating curiosity and deep technical understanding.
Who we are, and What working with us is like:
- We have a launched product with customers.
- We have raised a pre-seed round from reputable investors in the ecosystem.
- We are still a fairly young company with less than 10 people. So a lot has been accomplished by a small team.
- Everyone on the team is extremely mission-driven and works incredibly hard to push the mission forward.
- Our office is on Admiralty way, Lekki Phase 1. We run an hybrid working system, with most of us at the office twice a week.
- We have been in operation for a year. We have gotten enough data to validate the opportunity, and are entering a growth phase. It is certainly the best time to join.
Applications will be reviewed and shortlisted weekly. We will close the job opening once we find the right person. We look forward to meeting you.