Surge Global is a digital consultancy that leverages marketing, data, and technology to help businesses grow. As Sri Lanka’s leading digital firm, we employ the best content, creative, design & engineering talent the country has to offer.
Embracing a culture of transparency and equality in the workplace, we’ve built an environment helping Sri Lanka’s best marketing and creative talent thrive. Our team looks at untangling multivariate problems with an open mind and the willingness to constantly test and learn.
With our headquarters in Colombo Sri Lanka, we help scale startups to Fortune 500 companies across the United States, United Kingdom, Australia, and Sri Lanka.
- Liaising with clients and developing animation from their concepts.
- Creating storyboards that depict the script and narrative.
- Drawing in 2D to create sketches, artwork, or illustrations.
- Designing models, backgrounds, sets, characters, objects, and the animation environment.
- Developing the timing and pace of the movements of a character or object during the sequence of images and ensuring they follow the soundtrack and audio requirements.
- Using technical software packages, such as Adobe Illustrator, In Design, After Effects, Premiere Pro, Photoshop, XD.
- Building up accurate, detailed, frame-by-frame visuals.
- Recording dialogue and working with editors to composite the various layers of animation (backgrounds, special effects, characters, and graphics) in order to produce the finished piece.
- Working to production deadlines and meeting clients' commercial requirements.
- Proven 01-year work experience as an Illustrator, Graphic Designer, or similar role.
- BSc degree in Design, Visual Arts, Communications & Media, or relevant qualification.
- Demonstrable portfolio of completed illustrations.
- Solid knowledge of image editing and digital sketching using softwares such as Photoshop, Indesign, and Adobe Illustrator.
- Drawing skills with attention to detail (both by hand and digital pen).