Surge Global is a digital consultancy that leverages marketing, data, and technology to help businesses grow. As Sri Lanka’s leading digital firm, we employ the best content, creative, design & engineering talent the country has to offer.
Embracing a culture of transparency and equality in the workplace, we’ve built an environment helping Sri Lanka’s best marketing and creative talent thrive. Our team looks at untangling multivariate problems with an open mind and the willingness to constantly test and learn.
With our headquarters in Colombo Sri Lanka, we help scale startups to Fortune 500 companies across the United States, United Kingdom, Australia, and Sri Lanka.
- Working with the Surge management to manage the formation of new companies, mergers and acquisitions, and other business transactions, including drafting contracts and other legal documentation.
- Drafting, reviewing, negotiating, and revising contracts, including non-disclosure agreements, confidentiality agreements, licensing agreements, settlement agreements, and purchase agreements.
- Drafting organizational documents such as articles of incorporation, bylaws, and partnership agreements.
- Reviewing and analyzing contracts, leases, deeds, wills, trusts, securities offerings, bonds, and other legal documents to ensure compliance with Sri Lankan laws and regulations.
- Researching applicable laws, regulations, and precedents to prepare for negotiations and/or trials.
- Conducting internal investigations into potential wrongdoing by company employees or third-party contractors.
- Assisting in the development of strategies to manage risk exposure and prevent legal problems from occurring.
- Research and understand legal requirements and processes in other countries as requirements arise.
- A Bachelor of Law degree.
- Attorney-at-law of the Supreme Court of Sri Lanka.
- A minimum of 4 years of experience as a corporate lawyer.
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Excellent Time Management skills.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Excellent managerial and negotiation skills.