Surge Global is a digital consultancy that leverages marketing, data, and technology to help businesses grow. As Sri Lanka’s leading digital firm, we employ the best content, creative, design & engineering talent the country has to offer.
Embracing a culture of transparency and equality in the workplace, we’ve built an environment helping Sri Lanka’s best marketing and creative talent thrive. Our team looks at untangling multivariate problems with an open mind and the willingness to constantly test and learn.
With our headquarters in Colombo Sri Lanka, we help scale startups to Fortune 500 companies across the United States, United Kingdom, Australia, and Sri Lanka.
During this paid internship, you'll learn the basics of Software Engineering in a real-world setting, working together with industry experts and taking on live projects. This is a paid internship (USD 225/month) that lasts for six months.
By the end of the internship, we expect that you would have gathered the skills and attitude required to work alongside the marketers, analysts, and growth hackers here at Surge to take your career forward and join our ranks.
What you’ll be doing/learning:
- Hands-on experience in the full software development lifecycle.
- Hands-on experience in programming for enterprise-grade apps, and obtaining knowledge of related processes and practices.
- Participate in requirement gathering and architecture discussions with development and business teams.
- Work on setting up development environments and gain exposure to the Dev-Ops practice.
- Gain experience working in a multinational organization.
- Proactive and reactive monitoring of application systems and infrastructure.
- Improve communication skills and understand the dynamics of working in a team.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Information Systems or Computer Science or equivalent
- Knowledge of basic programming and design patterns.
- Knowledge of database concepts and SQL queries.
- Good knowledge of OOP concepts.
- Basic understanding of cloud-based environments such as AWS.
- Excellent communication and problem-solving skills.
- Excellent time management skills.
- Excellent attention to detail.