Surge Global is a digital consultancy that leverages marketing, data, and technology to help businesses grow. As Sri Lanka’s leading digital firm, we employ the best content, creative, design, engineering & data science talent the country has to offer.
Embracing a culture of transparency and equality in the workplace, we’ve built an environment helping Sri Lanka’s best marketing and creative talent thrive. Our team looks at untangling multivariate problems with an open mind and the willingness to constantly test and learn.
With our headquarters in Colombo Sri Lanka, we help scale startups to Fortune 500 companies across the United States, United Kingdom, Australia, and Sri Lanka.
We are on the lookout for talented, innovative, and self-motivated individuals who are passionate about delivering actionable intelligence driven by data and machine learning at scale to join our dynamic and collaborative team.
The successful candidate will have a comprehensive understanding of technologies and techniques needed to analyze a multitude of data sources to provide actionable data. They will collaborate with a team of analysts and data engineers to build data-driven business solutions based on offshore client needs and requirements.
- Become familiar with client business processes and business logic underlying the CRM, ERP, data warehouses/lakes or other systems and data architectures.
- Curate datasets and analyze them to identify key business insights and prepare summary reports for management.
- Communicate insights from quantitative analysis to non-technical audiences including business executives and other stakeholders.
- Collaborate with technical teams to create automated reports as per established deadlines with clients and on an ad-hoc basis.
- Writing queries against cubes and mining models using SQL, DAX and M query.
- Minimum 2+ years in the field of data analysis and warehousing preferably on Microsoft DW/BI Stack
- Knowledge consistent with a bachelor’s degree in Physical Sciences (Statistics or Mathematics), Computer Science, Data Analytics, Business Management, Accounting, Finance, or similar.
- Prior experience working on offshore projects will be highly advantageous.
- Strong analytical, problem-solving and decision-making skills and ability to take a self-initiative.
- Impeccable attention to detail with strong organizational skills to manage multiple projects simultaneously.
- Abilities in analysis/documenting existing BI processes including DW structures.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills.
- Knowledge and demonstrated experience with the following technologies and techniques:
- Experience in Power BI and, with basic skills in data modeling, analysis and visualization.
- Microsoft SQL Server / Other DB Technologies.
- Data warehousing concepts and best practices.
- Knowledge or hands-on experience on OLAP database design/development.
- Familiarity with any of: Azure Data Lake technology stack, Tableau, Python / R would be an added advantage.