Surge Global is a digital consultancy that leverages marketing, data, and technology to help businesses grow. As Sri Lanka’s leading digital firm, we employ the best content, creative, design & engineering talent the country has to offer.
Embracing a culture of transparency and equality in the workplace, we’ve built an environment helping Sri Lanka’s best marketing and creative talent thrive. Our team looks at untangling multivariate problems with an open mind and the willingness to constantly test and learn.
With our headquarters in Colombo Sri Lanka, we help scale startups to Fortune 500 companies across the United States, United Kingdom, Australia, and Sri Lanka.
During this paid internship, you'll learn the basics of UI/UX in a real-world setting, working together with industry experts and taking on live projects. This internship is a paid internship (USD 200/month) that lasts for six months.
By the end of the internship, we expect that you would have gathered the skills and attitude required to work alongside the marketers, analysts, and growth hackers here at Surge to take your career forward and join our ranks.
What you'll be learning/doing:
- Research, gather and evaluate user requirements in collaboration with clients as well as content, development and analytics teams.
- Create user journeys, sitemaps and information architectures.
- Create low fidelity user interfaces (wireframes) and iterations to find best possible user experiences.
- Create high fidelity user interfaces using best industry practices and latest trends.
- Creating graphics, navigation, buttons, fields and other user interface components.
- Prototyping, creating interactions and optimizing user interfaces.
- Quality control and attention to detail.
- Communication and presentation.
- Collaboration and time management.
- Willingness to continuously learn new techniques, follow new trends and improve your knowledge in UI/UX.
- Knowledge in relevant design and prototyping tools. (Adobe Xd and Figma. Adobe Illustrator and Photoshop skills are a plus)
- Excellent attention to detail.
- Good communication skills.
- Excellent time management skills.