Surge Global is a digital consultancy that leverages marketing, data, and technology to help businesses grow. As Sri Lanka’s leading digital firm, we employ the best content, creative, design & engineering talent the country has to offer.
Embracing a culture of transparency and equality in the workplace, we’ve built an environment helping Sri Lanka’s best marketing and creative talent thrive. Our team looks at untangling multivariate problems with an open mind and the willingness to constantly test and learn.
With our headquarters in Colombo Sri Lanka, we help scale startups to Fortune 500 companies across the United States, United Kingdom, Australia, and Sri Lanka.
During this paid internship, you'll learn the basics of Web Development in a real-world setting, working together with industry experts and taking on live projects. This internship is a paid internship (USD 200/month) that lasts for six months.
By the end of the internship, we expect that you would have gathered the skills and attitude required to work alongside the marketers, analysts, and growth hackers here at Surge to take your career forward and join our ranks.
What you'll be learning/Doing:
- Best practices on building websites using WordPress: Core web vitals responsive website design, website optimization, Search Engine Optimization
- Building WordPress websites using page builders (Divi, Elementor).
- Marketing tool integration with WordPress websites.
- Search Engine Optimization basics for websites.
- Minimum 6 months experience working on websites, ideally on WordPress.
- Following a certification course on website development would be a plus.
- Willingness to continuously learn new techniques to improve your knowledge in Web Development.
- Good communication skills.
- Excellent time management skills.
- Presentation skills.
- Excellent attention to detail.