Surge Global is a digital consultancy that leverages marketing, data, and technology to help businesses grow. As Sri Lanka’s leading digital firm, we employ the best content, creative, design & engineering talent the country has to offer.
Embracing a culture of transparency and equality in the workplace, we’ve built an environment helping Sri Lanka’s best marketing and creative talent thrive. Our team looks at untangling multivariate problems with an open mind and the willingness to constantly test and learn.
With our headquarters in Colombo Sri Lanka, we help scale startups to Fortune 500 companies across the United States, United Kingdom, Australia, and Sri Lanka.
- Determining operational feasibility by evaluating analysis, problem definition, requirements, solution development, and proposed solutions.
- Developing software solutions by studying information needs, conferring with users, and studying systems flow, data usage, and work processes.
- Improving operations by conducting systems analysis and recommending changes in policies and procedures.
- Determining project requirements and developing work schedules for the team.
- Delegating tasks and achieving daily, weekly, and monthly goals.
- Liaising with team members, management, and clients to ensure projects are completed to standard.
- Identifying risks and forming contingency plans as soon as possible.
- Keeping up-to-date with industry trends and developments.
- Updating work schedules and performing troubleshooting as required.
- Working on reports - progress reports and delivering presentations to the relevant stakeholders.
- Communicating all requirements/updates of ongoing projects to relevant stakeholders.
- Supporting in developing information systems by designing, developing, and installing software solutions.
- Bachelor’s degree in computer programming, computer science, or a related field.
- 3+ years experience as a Technical Lead - Software Development or in a similar role.
- Experience with CI/CD pipelines and deployments in GCP, AWS, Aure
- Extensive experience working with MERN Stacks. (Mongo, Express, React, Node)
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills and the ability to work cross-functionally across multiple departments associated with the development process.
- Excellent technical, diagnostic, and troubleshooting skills.
- Solid understanding of the development process from start to finish, including design, development, and deployment.
- Excellent time management skills and ability to coordinate with the internal team to meet deadlines.
- Ability to set realistic goals and timelines for projects.