Surge Global is a digital consultancy that leverages marketing, data, and technology to help businesses grow. As Sri Lanka’s leading digital firm, we employ the best content, creative, design & engineering talent the country has to offer.
Embracing a culture of transparency and equality in the workplace, we’ve built an environment helping Sri Lanka’s best marketing and creative talent thrive. Our team looks at untangling multivariate problems with an open mind and the willingness to constantly test and learn.
With our headquarters in Colombo Sri Lanka, we help scale startups to Fortune 500 companies across the United States, United Kingdom, Australia, and Sri Lanka.
- Review requirements, specifications and technical design documents to provide timely and meaningful feedback.
- Perform and document risk analysis.
- Create detailed, comprehensive and well-structured test plans and test cases.
- Record test progress and results.
- Develop standards and procedures to determine product quality and release readiness.
- Identify and report bugs within the software.
- Identify, isolate, and track bugs throughout testing.
- Identify any potential problems that users might encounter.
- Perform manual and automated testing.
- Research and analyze product features being tested.
- Research new tools, technologies, and testing processes.
- Review user interfaces for consistency and functionality.
- Bachelor's degree in Software Design, Engineering or Computer Science.
- 2+ years of experience as a QA Engineer.
- Strong knowledge of software QA methodologies, tools and processes.
- Experience writing unit tests and integration tests for frontend and backend applications.
- Hands-on experience with testing frameworks such as Jest and Mocha.
- Hands-on experience with automated testing tools such as Selenium and Puppeteer.
- You must possess a good eye for design.
- Adequate written and verbal communication skills.
- Critical thinking and ability to solve complex problems.
- Ability to work as a team player.
- Excellent time management skills.