Surge Global is a digital consultancy that leverages marketing, data, and technology to help businesses grow. As Sri Lanka’s leading digital firm, we employ the best content, creative, design & engineering talent the country has to offer.
Embracing a culture of transparency and equality in the workplace, we’ve built an environment helping Sri Lanka’s best marketing and creative talent thrive. Our team looks at untangling multivariate problems with an open mind and the willingness to constantly test and learn.
With our headquarters in Colombo Sri Lanka, we help scale startups to Fortune 500 companies across the United States, United Kingdom, Australia, and Sri Lanka.
- Ownership of all technical aspects of Salesforce.com, including data migrations, data quality, systems integrations, 3rd party applications, AppExchange products, and custom code.
- Developing Visualforce, Apex, .NET, Java, AJAX, and other technologies to build customized solutions that support business requirements and drive key business decisions.
- Perform configuration and customization of the Salesforce.com platform.
- Participate in efforts to develop and execute testing, training, and documentation.
- Willing to be hands-on in producing tangible deliverables (requirements specifications, design deliverables, status reports, project plans).
- Utilize best practices to perform operational support, enhancements, bug fixes as needed to the Salesforce.com platform.
- Follow all standard operating procedures (SOP) and update the SOPs as necessary.
- Proactively engage in continuous improvement efforts for application design, support, and practice development efforts.
- Provide technical assistance and end-user troubleshooting for bug fixes, enhancements, and “how-to” assistance.
- Seek out ways to utilize SFDC to improve processes and productivity, and make recommendations to support an organization scaling at a rapid pace.
- Bachelor’s degree in computer programming, computer science, or a related field.
- 3 years + of experience working on Salesforce platforms or other CRM software packages (Microsoft CRM, InterAction, SalesLogix, Oracle On-Demand, SAP, etc.)
- Direct experience working on CRM projects.
- Strong verbal/written communication and data presentation skills, including an ability to effectively communicate with both business and technical teams.
- Working knowledge and experience with complex business systems integration as well as object-oriented design patterns and development.
- Software engineering skills with Force.com Platform (Apex, VisualForce, SOQL, Unit Testing).
- Software engineering skills with .NET, .NET Core, Java SE & EE (Java, JSF, SQL) preferred.
- Demonstrated experience and knowledge of relational databases, data modeling, and ETL tools.
- Experience with Agile development methodologies such as XP/SCRUM.
- Experience with web services (REST & SOAP, JSON & XML, etc.)
- Experience with scripted data loader, web services, cloud or on-premise middleware, and other enterprise integrating technologies
- Ability to work within a fast-paced environment.