Surge Global is a digital consultancy that leverages marketing, data, and technology to help businesses grow. As Sri Lanka’s leading digital firm, we employ the best content, creative, design & engineering talent the country has to offer.
Embracing a culture of transparency and equality in the workplace, we’ve built an environment helping Sri Lanka’s best marketing and creative talent thrive. Our team looks at untangling multivariate problems with an open mind and the willingness to constantly test and learn.
With our headquarters in Colombo Sri Lanka, we help scale startups to Fortune 500 companies across the United States, United Kingdom, Australia, and Sri Lanka.
- Engage with domain experts to ensure business requirements and expected outcomes are compatible with the planned architecture.
- Maintain code integrity, documentation, version control, and organization.
- Collaborating with the front-end developers and other team members to establish objectives and design more functional, cohesive codes to enhance the user experience.
- Innovate and apply critical thinking and problem-solving skills to develop creative technological solutions.
- Translate understanding of requirements to design, development, and unit testing to address solutions.
- Recording data and reporting it to proper parties, such as clients or leadership.
- Design clean, robust, reactive, and efficient API interfaces.
- Collaborate with the team on release management, version control, and documentation.
- Bachelor’s degree in computer programming, computer science, or a related field.
- 2+ years of experience as a Back-End Developer or in a similar role.
- Experience using TypeScript is an advantage.
- Fluency or understanding of REST APIs.
- Strong understanding of the web development cycle and programming techniques and tools.
- Focus on efficiency, user experience, and process improvement.
- Excellent project and time management skills.
- Strong problem solving and verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to work independently or with a group.
- Experience in server deployment, setting up of SSH, firewall and server updates are an added advantage.