Shop Assistant

Savings Plus Supermarkets
Full-timeBridgetown, Barbados
customer service skillsthe ability to work well with others.sensitivity and understanding. the ability to use your initiative.excellent verbal communication skills.

A Shop Assistant will need to fulfil the following important duties and responsibilities to excel at their job:

• Receiving, unpacking and arranging new shipments from suppliers and vendors
  • Arranging and labelling goods in the display shelves
  • Assisting customers in finding the products they’re looking for
  • Processing customer payments at the checkout point/till
  • Addressing customer complaints and inquiries
  • Providing shopping advice and recommendations to customers
  • Collaborating with other team members to keep the sales floor area clean and organised at all times
  • Assit floor wherever help is needed.

Apply for this job

Resume/CV*

Click or drag file to this area to upload your Resume

Please make sure to upload a PDF

First Name*
Last Name*
Email*
Phone Number*
Today's Date
Date Available to Start Work
Applying for the post of
How did you learn of this position opening
Are you available to work: Full-time, Part-time or Temporary
Why are you interested in the position for which you are applying?
Telephone No.
Mobile Phone Number
Other Phone Number
Date of Birth DD/MM/YY
Sex/Gender
Email Address *
Country
Nationality
Marital Status
Religion
National Insurance Number
National Registration Number
Next of Kin
Emergency Contact
Can you lift 50lbs without injury?
Do you have any tattoos?
Do you suffer from any ailment or allergies?
Diabetes
Hypertension
Asthma
Back Injuries
Foot Ailments
Skin Conditions
Alllergies
Heart Problems
Mental Ailments
What are your hobbies & interests?
Have you ever been arrested or convicted?
Have you ever been accused of a dishonest act? (If yes, give details)
Have you ever been dismissed or asked to resign from previous employment? (If yes, give details)
What compensation do you expect to earn?
Are you prepared to work shift?
Are you available to work on Sundays? (Check if yes)
Have you been employed or contracted by this company previously?(If yes, when and where)
Do you have any relatives or friends within this company? If so, list name(s)
Do you have a valid driving license?
If yes, which type of license?
Are you willing to drive for the Company?(Check if yes)
Do you have any children?(If yes, how many)
Describe your personality briefly
What are your long-term goals in life?
What does the word “service” mean to you?
Please state at least two references and their contact information
Reason for Leaving Previous Employment
Employment History ( Company, No. of Years, Position held)
Education History( School,Examination Body,Grade,Year)
List appropriate job related skills for the position to which you are applying
Have you ever been convicted for a violation of a law other than minor traffic fines? If yes, please explain:
Have you ever been asked to leave a prior job/organization? If yes, please explain:
Are you prepared to be transferred between locations?
Documents Required 1. Recent Passport Size Photo 2. Police Certificate of Character 3. Original Certificates/Diplomas/Degrees/etc.
Have you been vaccinated? Yes/No/ 1st Dose only*
Have you been tested for COVID-19 recently?*
Do you have access to online platforms such as Zoom, Microsoft teams?(If other, please state)
I hereby declare and acknowledge that:  The information given is true and accurate. If any information provided is found to be incorrect or in violation of the Company’s Rules, even if this discovery is made after I am hired, I agree that the company may deny or terminate my employment.  Should I be hired, I agree to comply with all Company’s Rules, including time-keeping, good industrial conduct, etc.  Should I be hired, I would begin a new term of continuous employment; not a reinstatement. Even if I were previously employed with the Company, that prior employment was duly terminated and shall not be considered in my period of continuous employment.  If hired, I will advise the company of any changes to my contact information (e.g. address and telephone number) and keep such information updated.  All documents submitted in support of this application remain the property of Savings Plus.*
All material received through the application process becomes the property of Savings Plus Supermarket and will not be returned. I understand and agree that any relevant and material misrepresentation made on this application (including resume) will justify immediate dismissal if hired. I hereby authorize Savings Plus Supermarket to contact any educational institution, former employer, law enforcement agency, or reference concerning information included on this application. I hereby release providers of information from all liability in responding to inquiries about me. I understand that this application is not a contract for employment. I agree that upon separation, I will return to Savings Plus, property issued and/or owned by Savings Plus, or will allow the value of same to be deducted from my wages/salary. I hereby agree to comply with the Company’s Rules concerning time-keeping and good industrial conduct; any misconduct or failure to comply with Company’s Rules; I agree that the Company may terminate my employment.*